1 February 2022
In the event where there is a travel ban or border restrictions, when there is an official notice-advisory not to travel to the area of the booked charter, or the border is closed to the country of origin of the customer due to COVID-19 at the time of your charter:
• it`s possible to perform a change of the booking date in a different period of 2022 or 2023 for the same boat and subject to availability, with the adjusted price if it will be more expensive and without any reduction if it will be cheaper than the initial booking. If the same boat is no longer in our fleet (e.g. sold etc.) or no longer in the same base and only then, the client must choose a different boat from the available ones, with the adjusted price if it will be more expensive and without any reduction if it will be cheaper than the initial booking.
The reschedule/change, will be accepted the latest 60 days before embarkation.
The above policy applies only to Covid-19 related cancellations, as follows:
• Travel ban / closed borders of Greece or clients’ country.
• If there is an official advisory by the clients’ government not to travel in Greece.
• Flight cancellation related to Covid-19 (proof of flight cancellation will be requested).
• If quarantine upon arriving in Greece is mandatory.
• If quarantine is mandatory after returning to their country.
The following cases are NOT considered Covid-19 restrictions and we will apply our normal cancellation policy:
• Clients’ unwillingness to undertake mandatory Covid-19 test or Vaccine request to enter Greece or/and for returning to the country of origin.
• Clients’ general uncertainty regarding travelling.
CANCELLATION DUE TO DIAGNOSIS WITH COVID 19
In case of cancellation due to diagnosis of COVID 19 before embarkation, no voucher is accepted. Our general cancellation policy will be valid in this case.
In the event that the Greek government legislate a new legislative act on travel affected by COVID 19, we will have to follow the official decisions of the government.
Upgrade/change, subject to the cancellation policy
For cases NOT AFFECTED BY COVID 19, our general cancellation policy will be valid.
However, in order to protect your entire holiday, we strongly advise you to PURCHASE TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE when you book, which will cover you and your crew if any of you should test positive and or be unable to travel due to restrictions caused by Covid-19. Charter travellers are able to enjoy integrated protection charter packages enhanced with securing for travel cancellations and travel interruption caused by Covid-19 under the conditions of Travel Cancellation Costs Insurance.
Bareboat charters / Protection against Covid disruptions & skipper liability insurance packages with Pantaenius (Click here to find out more).
• If a charter trip is not commenced due to an unexpected illness (including Covid-19), charter cancellation costs and flight cancellation costs are covered by the insurance.
• If only one crew member tests positive, only this ONE is a claim case. If the positive tested person is the skipper and there is no substitute it would be a complete cancellation claim.
• Trip interruption is covered according to the travel cancellation insurance clauses/conditions.
General travel / crewed charters / alternative insurance providers
Alternative insurance providers can be found here and the list is regularly updated:
Cyclades Sailing has not acted as an insurance agent or broker but merely introduced parties. As such, Cyclades Sailing makes no representations or warranties as to coverages afforded under the policies nor assumes any liability for any whatsoever act, fault, omission or negligence, for any denial of cover by insurers for whatever reason or for any applicable policy deductible(s). The insured is at all times recommended to carefully read the insurance policy conditions and to consult insurance brokers and obtain professional assurance that the policy conditions are appropriate to the particular situation.